Saturday, November 7, 2015

Saturday Night Love (night lights)

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

My news ticker is still missing at FB, but I did track down a couple of your posts earlier today on the "posts Elizabeth likes" feature. 95% of the posts on that feature are from 2012, and are "likes" of my posts from that time, and it keeps showing the same posts for weeks on end. But sometimes it shows a new "like" and today it did. This one was about a concert in Milwaukee, so maybe you were going to that. If you did, I hope you had a blast and got some good pics!

I have reported the missing ticker problem to FB, under the "report a problem" heading. I tried every means to fix it myself, by seeing the remedies of other users via the FB "help" section, but none of those remedies worked for me. So, hopefully, FB will read my "report a problem" post and put my ticker back. Right now, my FB had been reduced to just an almost static news feed. I don't know what I have to do to get higher priority for your posts - I mean, I've done everything : I listed you as "Close Friend", and there is another setting called "see first" under which posts you want to give priority to. You click a friend and list them as "see first", and then that person's posts are supposed to always come through at the top of the news feed. But even with all that, I still have to go searching for your posts. The ticker was the easiest way to find them, and I could find most if not all just by scrolling down. But until they put it back up (and I hope they do or my FB is ruined) we'll just have to find a way to make do.

Well, I wanted to let you know I was here. I will come back in just a few minutes with more.

I Love You! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:35am : I am back. Man, that light in the sky was really weird. You probably saw it on FB. I was out front with The Kobenstein at a few minutes after 6pm, and I saw this huge, soft white circular blur. At first I thought it was the Moon, hidden behind a cloud. Sometimes the Moon will form a halo under certain conditions. But then I noticed that there were no clouds, and there was also a horizontal blue streak extending leftward from the white circle. There was also something else : a white dot, like a star, moving steadily to the right, northward in the sky.

Because there was a v-shaped notch in the white circle, it did occur to me, vaguely, that it might be a rocket launch from Vandenberg AFB. Over the years we have all seen the squiggly colored smoke trails at sunset from test launches up there. Vandenberg is about 200 miles north of us. But this thing in the sky was making a huge light. The dot itself was as small as a star, but the corona was really big. I watched as the blue streak and white corona slowly faded, and the white dot moved northward. And then it too was gone.

As I'm sure you've read by now, it was a Trident missile test by a Naval submarine, shot from off the coast.

A little spooky that they would do that without telling the public in advance. I mean, I am generally pro-military (in the defensive sense, not the warmongering sense), and in the 60s we used to have things like air raid sirens tested once a month, and all kinds of rocket tests. We used to have Nike nuclear missile sites ringing the Valley. There was a huge military presence and awareness in those days. Then it all cooled off and went away. So this was the first Really Weird Thing In The Sky that I can remember seeing for a long time.

And of course, it was actually pretty cool looking too. They know that, and that's why they figure we won't mind.

Well, Sweet Baby, I sure hope this FB situation clears up soon. I wanted to take a step forward in our communication, and thanks to Facebook, I got a step backward.

But I am always here, and will always try to communicate from my end. I hope things are going well for you and I know they are. Tomorrow morn is church and choir. After that I will be going to Glendale to take my sister Sophie shopping, so it'll be go-go-go for me until about 3 or 3:30pm tomorrow. But I'll be around in the morn before church, and then after 3pm all day long.

Sleep well and have Sweet Dreams. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment