Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Kind And Beautiful (Mars & Sofronitsky)

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I am once again checking in before being completely situated for the evening here at Pearl's, but I especially wanted to do so tonight because I saw your Taya Iv post a little while ago, and - assuming it was meant for me - I just had to tell you what a kind and beautiful thing it was of you to say. Those words really mean a lot to me, and they made me feel happy and lifted my spirit in the middle of what has been a frustrating situation with this Facebook deal.

So, thank you for those nice words and the beautiful sentiment, and I have to also reiterate that is has been just wonderful to watch what has happened in your life, and from my first-hand vantage point, too. Getting to see you do what you love to do, and to make it your profession, has been a joy to behold.

And especially because it's all seemed to have happened as if it was meant to......

Which of course it has been! And good things are gonna keep happening, too. That you can be sure of.

So I am gonna finish getting set up for the evening, and then I will be back a little after Midnight, as usual, to write some more.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

12:25am : I am back, Sweet Baby. I hope your day was good and maybe you were breaking in your new camera again. I am gonna try and go on a hike tomorrow, not sure where yet but I'll know when I get there. Today I finished my book "Dark Mission", which was one of the most mindblowing books I've ever read, especially at the end when writers Hoagland and Bara wrap up their case. It's just astonishing stuff.

And because I've been on a Sofronitsky kick, I did some Googling last night, and I found an obituary on him that I just have to share, just because of the passion, spiritual understanding and depth of feeling with which it is written, by a woman named Maria Yudina, a pianist herself who was a contemporary of Sofronitsky and also a classmate. The link is :  http://math.stanford.edu/~ryzhik/sofr.html

Of course you don't have to read it, but even a quick scan is worth it, just because of her understanding of who the man was. For me, there were a handful of pianists who transcended the format and even their own incredible technique and turned the piano into an unparalleled communication device of the composer's spirit.

Dinu Lipatti, Wilhelm Kempff, Alfred Cortot, Vladimir Sofronitsky.

There are many others I love, but those four just seem supernatural to me. And piano, above all instruments (for me, anyway) communicates the infinite nuances of musical feeling because of the riverlike flow of tones, and because of the in-line arrangement of keys.

What an instrument.  :)

That's all I know for tonight, my Baby. I wish you Sweet Dreams and a great day tomorrow, and I will see you in the morning! (hoping that they will fix my FB, too........)

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment