Monday, November 9, 2015

Late Night Love (cameras & piano music)

Hi, my Darling,

Just checking in to say hi, and that I'm excited about your new camera! I know you are too. :) I am not current or well informed on all the different models of digital slrs, but you say this new Sony is a professional quality cam? Or rather it was inferred in your comment that your other Sony was consumer grade? Anyway, that's great, and I hope you got to keep your other camera as well (but you probably traded it in, I would guess?).

Either way, it's great all around, and I know you are excited to get it. Post some pics from your sunset hike if you feel like it.

I am still getting situated here at Pearl's, and still dealing with my screwed-up FB situation, but I will be back in just a few minutes to write more.Just wanted to say "yay" about your new cam.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a few)

12:25am : I'm back. I saw one other post from you today, on "posts you like", which was a "like" of a Versus Me announcement for their new video, which I am assuming you directed. I'm looking forward to seeing it, as always. And I know you also have at least one other band video waiting for release, so bring 'em out, all you bands!

Another thing about your new camera - that's called investing right back into your company, which you obviously know, and it is no different than a band getting new equipment once they get a start and earn enough money to do so.

I have been wanting, on and off, to splurge and get an slr myself. That, and another acoustic guitar. I keep putting it off because I have wanted to save money, but maybe next year I will do both.

Last night I did buy myself a small present. There is a Russian pianist named Vladamir Sofronitsky who was born in 1901 and died in 1961, and to the public he was not as famous as someone like Horowitz because he had his whole career in the Soviet Union, behind the Iron Curtain. And he died young, at 60. But in the age of Youtube, everything is rediscovered. I discovered his playing a couple years ago, and now his cds, which were scarce until fairly recently, are more readily available. Sofronitsky was the ultimate player of Scriabin, whose piano music was romantic and mysterious, almost occult. Some, including other great pianists like Richter, say that he was the greatest pianist of all time, period. I've only heard his Scriabin, which is otherworldly, so he certainly is the greatest in that regard.

And so I ordered two of his cds, recorded in the 1950s, from the Denon company in Japan. I will be excited to get them.

As for the Facebook situation, I reported my problem again this morning, so that's twice since Saturday. All I've gotten so far is a robo-response, ala "thank you for reporting the problem". The whole thing is weird and ridiculous. I just hope they fix it.

Well, that's all I know for tonight, Sweet Baby. Tomorrow is Typical Tuesday schedule. I'll be checking FB to see what I can see, and I'll be around most of the day.

Sweet Dreams!

I Love You..........  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment