Friday, November 13, 2015

PFM Concert Tonight (music more powerful than violence) ( a great concert)

Hi, Elizabeth,

The news out of France is horrifying, and knowing that you have friends over there, I hope they are all safe. I saw your friend Valnoir's post, so that's good that he is okay, and of course the guys in Alcest.

I just so happen to have a concert scheduled to attend for tonight, the Italian Progressive group PFM. It's at the Whiskey A Go-Go, on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood, and I am gonna go. Nothing is gonna happen and I have been looking forward to this show anyway, PFM are a legendary group from the 70s.

Nothing can stop the force of music, it's far more powerful than violence. The show is scheduled to start at 9pm and it's supposed to run two hours, so I should be back at Pearl's by Midnight, 12:30 at the latest.

I will write when I get back.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

1:10am : I am back, Sweet Baby. I am a little late because my friend Mike B (he's on FB) was there with his girlfriend, and we were talking for a long time after the show. I've known Mike since 1970, and I talk to him on Facebook all the time, but I hadn't actually seen him since 1989. 26 years! So that was pretty amazing, and I knew he was gonna be at the show because we both bought tickets a while back.

The show itself was awesome. There are only two guys left from the original PFM, but they are the two founders, and every musician in the band is an incredible player. Italian Progressive Rock was a specific but small genre in the 70s, and it was some of the first music I got into once I started hanging out at College Records and "graduated" from Top 40. At the record store, they were playing bands like PFM and Le Orme and Banco, and "Photos Of Ghosts" by PFM was one of the first records I ever bought, when I was 13 years old. So to see these guys for the first time after all these years.........well, it's that Time Thing again. Just like seeing my friend Mike for the first time in a quarter century. It's like a long time has passed, but also no time at all.

Music has a lot to do with that. And friendship. Both are timeless.

The guys in PFM just steamrolled The Whiskey. Two hours of smokin' hot playing from start to finish. They did mention Paris - how could they not? - but the spirit of the music carried the night.

I have my own thoughts on terrorism and what to do about it, and it's a complex subject. Still, I hope France will shut these people down, by any means necessary.

Let's hope for better days ahead, and let's Thank God for all the good things in the world, one of the best of which is music.

I Love You and will see you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment