Monday, November 23, 2015

News Ticker Gone Again + Love (Super Pro)

Hi, my Darling,

Well, if you saw my post on FB a few hours ago, you know that my news ticker is once again missing. Sigh.... :(  This time I actually saw it happen, and it was kinda weird. I was at home, checking FB in the early evening. I hit "refresh" cause I'd been at the store and it looked like it hadn't updated in a while. And when it refreshed, it buffered for a couple minutes, taking a very long time to reload. I didn't have a lot of windows open, but I closed Youtube and anything that I thought might be slowing it down. Usually my Chromebook is very fast, even with many windows open, and FB is almost always fast. Finally, it came back but with the entire chat sidebar missing - no news ticker, no chat names, nothing. Just a blank space.

So, I thought maybe that particular window was messed up. Running slow or crashed for some reason. So I closed that FB window and opened another to start FB fresh. This time that chat sidebar came back, with all the chat names on the bottom half, as usual, and just the beginning of a news ticker on top, just one or two of the most recent posts. Usually, the ticker fills the top half of the sidebar, and chat fills the bottom half. I let it sit for a few minutes, though, and finally the ticker filled up with new posts by various people.

Then all of a sudden, a minute or two later, it was like someone flipped a switch. The screen flickered on the chat bar column, and the news ticker just went off, and the whole column was just chat once again. No ticker. I went to click the little "gear" icon at the bottom that says "options", but I already knew that the option to "show ticker" would be missing, and it was.

It's like somebody took the code out of my FB page right before my eyes. I am no techie, as you know, but I do know that everything you see on a screen is there because of code. Like when I wanted to install a hit counter on my Myspace page many years ago, I had to copy a code from an unauthorised source and then paste it in between some other code on my Myspace profile. I can't remember how I accessed that profile code, but I think it was via the same unauthorised source where I got the code for the hit counter. But anyway, when I pasted the code in the proper place, I came back to look at my Myspace page, and I now had a hit counter. So I had altered my page, slightly, by adding code.

So the way this happened tonight, first by my FB taking forever to refresh, then coming back with no sidebar whatsoever, then coming back again with only a partial sidebar and barely a news ticker, and then finally blinking out completely right in front of my eyes, makes it seem like somebody was changing my code on me.

That was my thought the first time this happened, a few weeks ago. It just didn't feel right. And I don't mean you of course. I only even mention that because we've established long ago that you have some ability to see my FB via my Chromebook, but we have also established that - even though I'm not in favor of it - that I'm not mad about it. I know it's not you anyway, because why would you want to delete my news ticker - twice now - when it's the very thing that allows me to see your posts?

So I know it's not you and I only even mention it so you'll know that I know it's not you.

And I suppose it could be a legitimate technical glitch that has reoccured, even though it doesn't feel like that.

At any rate, I once again reported the problem right away, and FB fixed it once so I know they'll fix it again. We just have to wait, and I will look for your posts in "posts You like", even though it's nowhere as extensive as the news ticker. I just hope that when FB fixes it, that it stays fixed the next time.

I did see all your photos and posts from this morning, though, and I will be back after a quick snack to write some more.

I Love You and will be back in just a little bit!    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

1am : Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby. Yes, as I said I did see your posts this morning, the one from Sam Hurd Photography of course I loved.  :):) Also, I always enjoy the photos you've posted of yourself at work on various video shoots, including this new one with Fall II Rise. You always look Super Pro in those shots. The director in control, focused and on top of it.  :)

You are a natural at filming I think, and I am always so glad to see you doing it and having fun.

About the freezing and the snowstorm part, I had read over the weekend that there was a humongous amount of snow in that area, and record snowfall in Chicago, so I figured you must have gotten at least some of it. I hope you are spared a deep freeze winter like the one a couple years ago, however.

Today of course a day off for me. I went on a few walks, to stores and on my CSUN loop. Whenever I have several days off in a row, on my first one I try to stay out of my car, as so much of my working days is spent driving in traffic. So today, a car-free day, and I enjoy being a pedestrian anyway. :)

I have a new Stephen King book from the library. It's called "Bazaar Of Bad Dreams" (gee, thanks Steve), and it is a collection of short stories. I read a few of those, watched another episode of "The Pacific", and then tonight I watched "Gone Girl", which came out a couple years ago and which you may or may not have seen. It's David Fincher, whom I usually like, at least for the most part. And this film I was really enjoying, for about 3/4 of the way through. It's a great mystery for much of the film, and the actress Rosamund Pike creates one of the most horrible characters in recent film, truly a scary woman. But then near the end, Fincher kind of changes gears and turns it into a Grand Guignol bloodbath, with Black Humor irony and a vague ending, which for me kind of took away from the film somewhat. It could have been an excellent movie, but the last half hour downgraded it, I think, to a merely good one. Still worth watching though, and definitely not for the squeamish.

Well, that's all for tonight. We will once again keep our fingers crossed for FB to fix my page, and hopefully for good this time. Meanwhile, I will hang in there and check for any posts I can find from you.

Sweet Dreams, and I will see you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment