Thursday, January 29, 2015

Great Picture! (MIlan?) (Silent Ozu Movie + Sweet Dreams & Love)

Good Afternoon, my Darling,

Wow, what a shot! I take it, then, that you are working on a video? I say that because you mention editing. So that's a still from the video? Wow again! Just great all around, from the color combinations, to the pose, to the model's overall look. What band is it for? Man, now I'm super curious!

It's gonna look totally pro!  :)

There is no doubt you are off and running now.  :)

I am home after dropping Pearl off at the hair salon, so I am gonna jump in the shower real quick. The UPS guy dropped off the new modem this morning, so I will hook it up later this afternoon. Our late night connection will be back!

Man, that's a great shot, straight out of a fashion magazine! Post what band it's for, if you wanna.....

I Love You, my Super Talented Sweet Baby!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

2:30pm : Okay, I am back, and I think I may have got it wrong. While driving, it hit me - "wait a minute, Elizabeth went to that fashion show in Milan". I was picturing your other photos from that event, which you posted last Fall. I initially thought "music video" because I had already guessed, in a previous blog, that that was what you were working on, based on that Nothing More post from a few days ago. So, because I was already under that assumption, and because when I saw this latest picture and your comment mentions "editing", I thought - "hey, I was right! She is working on a music video".

But now I am revising my guess, just because the gal does look like a European fashion model and it makes sense that it's a pic from the Milan show. By editing, you mean cropping, touching up, etc.

In any case, it's a great shot. It's the kind of shot you see in a big time fashion magazine. A great addition to your portfolio, Elizabeth, and I am sure you have many more great photos from Italy (and Europe) of all kinds, fashion and otherwise. I can't wait to see more of them!

Well, I am here til 4:15, minus my walk. I will hook up the new modem when I get back to Pearl's. Tonight is movie night at CSUN. The new semester of the Cinematheque actually began last week, but I missed it because of the fumigation. So, tonight will be my first week. We are doing the films of Yasahiro Ozu, one of the most influential of all the Japanese directors. Not sure of tonight's film, but I will look it up.

That's all for the moment. I'm here for a while, then I'll check in as soon as I've got the Internet reconnected at Pearl's. I hope you are enjoying your day and that your photos are coming along to your satisfaction.  :)

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

9:35pm : Hi, my Darling. I'm writing from home, just got out of the movie. We saw a silent film by Ozu called "I Was Born, But........". It was made in 1932, the earliest film we've seen in all the time of the Cinematheque. The story of two young brothers and the schoolboy mischief they get into, it was really good and very funny, a word you don't usually associate with Ozu's films, especially his later ones. It was a great start to the retrospective (a "start" for me because I missed the first film last week).

Earlier at Pearl's, I set up the new modem and got to the registration phase, which you have to do because it's a new high-speed connection and therefore a new account, but I couldn't get it going because the passwords I was given did not work. I will try again when I get back to Pearl's, but if I still have no luck, I will have to wait til tomorrow and call Pearl's daughter. The account is in her name, so it won't do me any good to call AT&T. So, if you don't see me online in about 45 minutes or so, that's why. But I should have it running by tomorrow, no matter what.

I hope you had a good day and that your pictures all came out to your satisfaction. I think they look great! The Giant's Causeway looks like a mindblowing location. I am gonna Google it to see what all those pillars are - how they formed, etc.

Well, I'd better get going to Pearl's. Sweet Dreams, Sweet Baby! See you either in a few minutes or tomorrow morn.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment