Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My Sweet Baby! (Vikane, wi-fi & Oh Boy!) (home) (sweet dreams & love)

Good Morning, Sweet Baby!,

I love it, love it, love it! I love those posts! I Love You! You are my Sweet Baby. I am so happy to see that everything is good. :):) I am on a short break at home, I've got the 'Ster with me. He's waiting out in the car with his leash on, gonna take him on a quick CSUN walk before heading back to Pearl's to take her to Golden Agers, and then out to Glendale to take Sophie shopping. I will be back here at home in the 2:30 range.

It looks like Chriselle Lim is onto us. She knows about Sweet Babies.....  :):)

I Love You, Elizabeth! See you in a little while.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

3pm : I am back home. Now I am Googling info on Vikane gas, the fumigant used on houses by pest control companies. The guy dropped off a box full of nylon bags we are supposed to seal stuff up in, but as far as food goes, I am gonna take everything out of the house and bring it to my apartment. I don't care how sealed those bags are, I don't want the food anywhere near those chemicals. Now, it says that Vikane is a true gas and not a vapor, so there is supposed to be no residue on furniture, walls, etc. Nevertheless, Sweet Baby, you can be sure I'll be walking around with wet, soapy paper towels for many days afterwards, wiping down any surface before I touch it. I'll be glad when this whole fumigation deal is overwith.  :)

And it will be, by Saturday night. (supposedly)

Oh boy!

I also did some Googling last night on wi-fi, and it seems that with Chromebook, all that wireless router stuff is built-in. I found a Youtube on how to connect Chromebook to wi-fi, and it's easy, like everything else with Chromebook. What I did not understand, though, is that I couldn't connect right there in Pearl's house. I thought that because she has Internet service, that I could get wi-fi right there, even if the modem was broken.

But then it occured to me (because I'm not a total dummy) that wi-fi is a signal. I mean, it is a signal, is it not? So I'd have to crib it from a place that receives the signal, like McDonald's or Starbucks. I assume some folks have wi-fi in their homes, because I see room rentals posted at CSUN with that feature ("free wi-fi included"!). But I guess Pearl does not have the signal. I actually was able to connect with somebody's wi-fi last night, but I still couldn't access the Internet because it required a password. It said I was connected "as a guest", but I did not have a password.

So, while I know a little bit more about wi-fi than I did yesterday, it still doesn't look like I'll be able to make a connection at Pearl's that will allow me to access the Internet. Therefore, back to Plan A : A new modem is needed ASAP!

I will be Internet Late Night Toast, therefore, tonight and tomorrow night. But then Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, I will be at home. So that will be good. And then by Sunday, the fumigation will be over, I will be back at Pearl's, and her daughter will head back home, and I will let her know about the modem. So it might take a few more days after that, til everything is working again, but we'll just work around it til then.

Well, I am gonna relax for 10 minutes, then do half my walk, and then head back to Pearl's, and I will be back here at 6:45. Then I can chill out for a few hours! Oh boy again!

I Love You, my Baby! See you in a bit.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

6:50pm : I am home once again, my Darling. Besides my walk, I'll just be here relaxing, reading a bit, maybe watching a "Danger Man" episode. I hope you are having a nice evening. I will check back in before I head back to Pearl's. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

9:45pm : Okay, my Darling, I am gonna head back to Pearl's now, so I just wanted to wish you Sweet Dreams before I go. Tomorrow will be somewhat busy again. I will take Pearl to her Women's Club crafts meeting at 9:30, and then I will either attempt a hike or I will have to start packing stuff in those bags for the fumigation. It will depend on how much we have to pack up. Either way, I will pick Pearl up at 1pm and then be home at 1:30. Also, I will try to stop at home in the morning like I did today. That way I can check in and say hi.

Sleep well, my Baby. I Triple Love You !!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment