Saturday, January 24, 2015

Rocks (sky)

I am here, Sweet Baby, finally. Happy Saturday evening. I hope you are having a nice day. I was shopping this afternoon with my sister, then I met with Pearl's daughter to give her the bags of stuff that I was storing at my place during fumigation. For the last hour I've been doing dishes and battling ants at my place. It's dry and windy out, so they wanna come in. Sorry, ants. You know what happens when you try that......

Tonight, my last night at home for a while. Not gonna do much, maybe look for a movie at Redbox. The Santa Ana winds are howling, so not sure yet what time I'll go on my walk. I'll check weather.com, to see if it's gonna die down. So whatcha doin' tonight? Painting? Hanging with friends? I really liked the Christmas Tree Peace Sign made by Hannah's Dad. How cool is that?! I obviously didn't know the man, but having seen a couple pictures of him, and seeing the Peace Sign, I can tell he was a cool guy. As for the other picture, well, it's cool too, and it represents us as well. The message in the text is right on.  :):)

We are each other's Rock, my Darling. And it's a great thing to know, in life, that somebody loves you and is always there for you.

Plus, with me you get an added bonus, because I'm a Goofball, too, just like it says in the post. Pretty cool, eh?

I am gonna hang around a while, have some coffee and see if the wind is gonna stop, so I'll be here, and I will check back mid-evening like I did last night.

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit) 

Midnight : Sorry I'm late. I got caught up in my book, "The Hunt For Zero Point". For some reason, the building is super quiet tonight, better for reading than watching a movie, so that's what I did. It just seems like a low key evening, but good for thinking. The sky has been awesome the last few nights, and I like to look for Jupiter while it's still visible in it's current position. It blows me away that something half a billion miles away can be as visible as a sparkling diamond, but more than that, what really fascinates me is that I can see it immediately, just as if I were looking at a light source across the street, and so......

A person can see it from Earth, in the night sky, as immediately as if they were within, say, a million miles of it. From that distance it would appear huge, but it's still the same effect - instant visualisation - whether from 580 million miles away or simply a million.

Thinking of it that way gives a whole new perspective on the idea of distance in space, and also distance in relation to size.

It's a trip because it's in the sky, which people don't generally look at, and also because people generally judge or measure distance from positions on Earth, ground based positions that have a lot of other intermediate points of reference to relate to. But in space, there are no other reference points, no streets, buildings, mountains, oceans, continents, nothing. Just Jupiter and You, with the Sky in between.

And even though it is so far away, it's right there. A direct connection between the planet and your eye.

If you were travelling to it, you'd have to wait. But in just looking at it, you don't.

That's the part I find very interesting.

That's all I know for tonight, my Darling. Tomorrow is back to Pearl's, and church and choir in the morning, so I will be back at the usual time of 1:45pm or so.

I hope you had a great day. Sweet Dreams......

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment