Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Quick Trip To Santa Sue + Love (Greenery) (Sweet Dreams)

Good Afternoon, my Darling,

I'm home. I had to stay at Pearl's this morn until about 12:30 because there was a Terminex follow-up procedure, a guy came out to drill holes all around the house to inject a chemical into the ground to kill the subterranian termites. Now that it's done, it should be the end of the entire termite ordeal, thank goodness. And, by tomorrow night we should have the Internet back at Pearl's, too.

Not much else happening. Kind of a dreary day, grey and cloudy, but I thought I might drive out to Chatsworth to go to the Santa Susana trail for the first time since October. Also my first trail of the new year. I don't think I'll take my camera because the light is really crummy today, but just to go and at least begin to get my hiking legs back in shape is enough of a reason. Just a quickie trip down the main trail, no climbing up the hill or anything. And, it'll count for half my walk. (oh boy!)  :)

I saw your post. Maybe it's just a regular FB "like" and doesn't pertain to me, or maybe it just means, from the look of the picture, that you are in "contemplative mode" at present. If so, it's all good. Nobody has to be doing things all the time; Lord knows I don't, lol. Sometimes it's good just to take a break and think about things. :)

What I find, and this is always true, is that there is a rhythm to things. Not much can be going on, and then all of a sudden you can feel the action starting to pick up, and before you know it, life is in full swing once again. Looking back on last year, I can remember this happening. I had only just discovered Corriganville in Fall 2013, and maybe a couple of other parks as well. But then the holidays rolled around, and they kind of cancel out everything else at that time of year, plus it's Winter, not really conducive to outdoor stuff.

Then it became 2014, and I wanted to get back out there again, but it just didn't feel like the right time in January, or February. But - because of experience - I knew the time would eventually be right, and in March, last year, I started with a simple visit to Orcutt Ranch. Not even a hike, just a visit to take a few pictures.

And that one visit got the ball rolling, and it turned into The Year Of The Hike, in which I discovered and visited over 25 different parks and trails. Who knew, right?

So that's what I mean when I say that you can kinda sense when the time is right for stuff. There's always downtime, and that's good too, just for thinking about things.

I could have it all wrong, of course: you might be super-busy and the post is just because you liked the girl's picture. But it's all good either way. :)

Well, I guess I will drive out there real quick, just for something to do. I am gonna go straight to Pearl's from Chatsworth, so I will see you when I get back home at 6:45pm.

I Love You, Sweet Baby! Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

7:15pm : Hi, my Darling, I am home. I see your post about Gov. Walker, and I guess you are giving me an example of what a complete jerk he is, and I was pretty certain of that already, just from what I hear in the news. He makes your other nationally famous guy, Paul Ryan, look like a moderate. Yeah, what a jerk - cutting the University budget. That's the kind of thing we used to get all the time here in California, when Arnold Schwarzanegger was Governor. He was the biggest jerk in the history of our state, and we've had some pretty big ones, lol. And, he nearly bankrupted us, but thank God we got Jerry Brown back for eight years (four of which he has already served). Brown has us in the black once again, and the good ship California has been righted and is sailing smoothly.

I did go out to Santa Susana and I'm glad I did. It felt good to go on my first hike in ten weeks, even if it was a simple one. Boy, has the look of the park changed! It's all greened up! The hills now are covered in bright green vegetation from the rains we've had. Gives the place an English feel. I know this will sound terrible, and I know we needed the rain (and need even more), but - as beautiful as the green color is, and the renewal from the rain - I have to admit that I like the barren, dry look better! :)

Yeah, I know I'm an idiot.

But if you were ever there, you'd understand why. We basically live in a desert in SoCal, or at least generally a desert environment. The landscape is usually parched. The dryness gives it it's rugged, Old West look, which is a huge part of it's appeal, in my opinion. The "rolling green hills" English look is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but it sure changes the vibe. It's not as ghostly! I'm sure the ghosts are happy for the rain, though. And, I had a nice walk up and back on the trail, and that will help to jump-start the Hiking Year, even if it won't really be in high gear til Spring.

I love your other post, about the importance of being tender, and I couldn't agree more! That is how you enable yourself to feel things deeply in this world, by allowing yourself to be vulnerable to emotion, and at the same time you create more kindness in the world. It's quite awesome, I think.  :)

Well, Sweet Baby, I will be here, as usual, til 9:45pm, minus the other half of my walk. I will check in again before I head back to Pearl's. I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

9:40 : It's time for me to head back, so I will wish you Sweet Dreams (for later). I'll be thinking about you too, my Darling, and I will try to check in tomorrow morn before Pearl's hair appointment.

Enjoy the rest of your evening!

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment