Friday, January 2, 2015

Super Duper New Year

Good Morning, my Darling,

Sorry I didn't post earlier. It was a slow start to the day, watching Rose Parade with Pearl, then in the early afternoon I went over to Grimsley's. He's been wanting to show me his dvd of the "Super Duper Alice Cooper" documentary, which came out last Spring, so we watched it and it was really well done. Alice Cooper (the group rather than the solo act) was my first favorite group in the early 70s, when I graduated from listening to Top 40 and started hanging out at the legendary College Records store. The guys that worked there hated Alice Cooper but I loved them, and in that time period - from late 1972 through early 1974 - they were the biggest band in the world. This documentary reminds you why, and it's because they combined great rock songs with a shocking theatricality. Alice Cooper the lead singer went on to become, after years of substance abuse, a rock and roll legend, but it really was a band, one that blurred the line between a psychotic reality and theater in their live shows, and when I was thirteen, they blew me off the map. One of my rock n' roll regrets is just barely missing out on the "Billion Dollar Babies" tour.......


Not a lot else happened today. It was ice cold, all day. Bring on the 105 degrees, please. :) We watched some of the Rose Bowl. This eve, my friends Dave F. and Dennis came over for the evening walk.

You must be getting ready to head back home, in a day or two. You have just had an experience, over the last four months, that will influence the rest of your life. Much of that influence will be subtle, but it will also be constant. Let your stay in Florence, and your studies at your school, and your backpacking tour all remain in your mind and heart when you get back. Bring your experience back with you and make it a lasting influence in your life.

You are an Artist, and here you now will go.

I Love You, Elizabeth. See you in the morn.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment