Sunday, January 18, 2015

Happy But Confused, Scientifically Proven, Etc. :) (crazy modem) (path)

Hi Elizabeth,

I am home from church, had fun singing, etc. I see your post, and since I don't know if it has anything to do with me or not, I just say, or ask, with all smiles and good feelings - and only cause I am super-confused at this point :) - is everything okay?

If so, then all is well, totally awesome and all kinds of other good things. But I'm confused, maybe because I've got a thick skull, I dunno. If you wanna let me know, I will be here or at Pearl's for the rest of the day and the usual schedule.

P.S. A small, hopefully temporary and/or fixable problem with the computer at Pearl's : the ethernet cord at her place doesn't fit snugly because the little plastic tab that secures it in the Chromebook plug is broken off. Usually, it's not a problem because I just push it in and it stays put. But today when we got back from choir practice, all my open tabs on the computer said, "sorry, not connected to the ethernet". I secured the yellow cord; still no luck. So maybe it was some other problem, perhaps with ATT or something. Anyhow, point being that I've gotta have my Chromebook when I'm over there, and especially now that I'm over there at night, cause I've gotta write, and post on FB, etc.

The Chromebook has wi-fi, which I don't know how to work because I've never used it, but I suppose I could figure it out. Hopefully, though, it was/is just a temporary connection problem not caused by the loose ethernet cord. But, if you don't see me listed as "online" on FB after 4:30, that's the reason. I will try to get it sorted out asap.

I Love You, Elizabeth. (it's actually a scientifically proven fact, believe it or not......)    :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

6:55pm : I am back at home. The modem at Pearl's is going crazy - the lights go on, run through a sequence, some turn red, then green again, then go off.........and then it does the whole thing again. I tried all the phone connections and everything was plugged in, all phones on the hook. All cables seem to be okay, and even the one with the broken plastic tab always worked fine as long as it was plugged in all the way. So, I dunno. I will do some Googling now that I'm home, and I will also call ATT when I get back to Pearl's, provided they have a 24hr helpline, which I am guessing they must. I tried connecting to wi-fi while I was there, but me being low-tech, I did not know which password to use when it asked for one. Several different wi-fi connections were offered, I used my Chromebook's password but no-go on any of them.

I hope I can fix it or I won't have any Internet tonight. If it's not fixable, I will get ATT out there as fast as I can, but I will not have Internet at Pearl's until I can get it fixed, so it's gotta get fixed quickly, being as I am at Pearl's most of the time now. On top of all that, we've gotta start getting ready for the Terminex team that is coming on Thursday. They are finally gonna tent the house to get rid of the termites, so I have to transfer all the food to my own fridge, move all potted plants away from the house, just a lot of little stuff like that. By next Saturday afternoon, though, the whole thing should be done, so yippee!  :)

I've never been in a house right after it was tented and gassed. I hope it's safe. It's gotta be, right?

That's all I know for the moment. Keep your fingers crossed for a working modem when I get back to Pearl's. I saw your post for Nothing More just now when I got here, but I don't know if it's meant for me. I figure you're a fan of those guys, so maybe it's just a regular FB "like".

Anyhow, now I will Google and check ATT to try and fix the problem. Fingers crossed that I can fix it tonight!

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(hopefully back in a bit!)

11:55pm : Hi again, and Happy Late Night. Everything was good with the modem when I got back here at 10pm, no more blinking lights, so I guess it was an ATT problem.

Well, my Girl, it's been quite a hectic week, but maybe we can get a re-set starting tomorrow, if you want to, that is. We might as well, right? :) We're kind of in a new frontier here, y'know, what with school being overwith, and you being back from Italy after being immersed in the culture for many months, and then you went straight back into a cold winter, and so even though I know you were happy to be back home, it was all kind of shock to the system, a big decompression in other words. Things will pick up, though, and remember that intent is gigantic now. It's an inner thing, a continuous desire that your life will go in the direction you want it to. By continuous, I mean the feeling - the thought - never leaves you, even if it is below the surface while you sleep or go about daily life.

I say all of this to you because I was there once. I did not have a college degree, but I was headed toward a career that I could see would not have been right for me. It would have been stultifying.

I say this to you also because you once were headed toward being a linguistics major - a fine enough pursuit, but one that you did not feel your heart was in, and so you changed course, and - if I may say so - you have had wonderful results thus far. Call them "path" results. You changed your path a couple years ago, and already you've gotten results. So you know you made the right decision!

With me, I was playing everything "by ear" when I dropped out of the movie business. I could have stayed there for life, or at least a very long time, and had long-term job security, etc. We've talked about all of that before.

But the difference for me, what I relied on, was the intent that came from within.

If I had to pick a definition for "intent", as a spiritual motivation concept, I would call it "a knowledge of what is right for me, enough so to be a certainty". 

I didn't know exactly what was gonna happen, or what I wanted to be, but I knew that the Intent was very, very important, because it was my inner knowledge of myself. And, it's funny because it's almost like it was pulling me along, rather then the other way around. So it was (and is) an Outside Force as well. It's inside - meaning You know what's best for you, and it's also outside - God saying, "this is the way I made you, to do what you do".

So tonight, I just say, don't worry about stuff, and let things progress from the efforts you have been putting out for the last several years, in school and with your artistic and musical endeavors.

I tell you all of this because there are forces in the world that try to water you down, and pull you back in, make you part of the machine. That's okay for some, but not for you, so just remember to keep your intent; hold it with both hands in front of your heart, like an offering.

Intent is quiet but relentless, and it will direct you toward the next step in your journey.

And the next, and the next, and the next..........

Always.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

I Love You, Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment