Monday, January 19, 2015

New Modem Needed Cause Old One Is Toast (evening love from home) (more love)

Good Afternoon, my Darling,

I am just home from Pearl's. Well, unfortunately, the modem is acting wacky again this morn. I called ATT and the lady said it is most likely toast. She said it's an older model (2wire), and that what it is doing, blinking lights, etc., is a sign that it needs to be replaced. Last night, because it was working again, I thought it was just an ATT problem, but now that we have to replace the modem, I might have little or no Internet after 10pm, and when I am at Pearl's during the day. The account is paid for by her daughter, and because we have this big fumigation thing happening this week, I don't wanna bring up the issue with the modem just yet. I'll mention it next week, and one way or another we'll get a new modem, whether she pays for it or I do. I don't think they cost all that much.

The ATT lady says I might get another hour or two out of the current modem, as it is continually trying to reset itself at the moment. Like last night, it successfully made a connection for a few hours. So maybe we will have some luck again tonight. At worst, I won't have any Internet at Pearl's for a week or so, but I am off starting Thursday night anyway, because of the Terminex deal. Pearl, her daughter, and Kobi will all be staying at a motel for the two days it takes to fumigate the house. And, I still have my home Internet, so I will write in the afternoons and evenings, cause I am here from 6:45 to 9:45 every night anyhow.

So all is still good, but I might have a limited or non-existent connection at Pearl's for a few days.

I hope you are having a nice day. I may try for The First Hike Of The Year on Wednesday, if all goes well.

Right now I will be here til about 3:30. Then half my walk and back to Pearl's. I Love You!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

6:50pm : I am home once again, Just wanted to check in, say hi and see how you are doing. I will be here until 9:45, with the other half of the walk in between at about 8pm or so. Gotta figure out how wi-fi works, I think I need something called a wireless router (which you already know, of course), and I will do some Googling to see what they cost. Also, I need to find out if I can get wi-fi at Pearl's, even though the modem is broken. We will have a new modem soon, but I hate missing my late night connection with my Sweet Baby.

I'm here for a few hours now, though. I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

8:55pm : I am back from my walk. Dennis and Dave F. came along once again. I see your posts, and I am guessing that maybe you either went to see Paul's band or maybe went over to the studio to hang out. I hope you are getting to do some fun stuff, and it looks like the temps there are up a bit, so I am glad it isn't sub-zero. Your other post, with Michelle Obama, I do not know if it's meant for me. I am kinda hoping it's not, lol, because the text says "nobody can talk to me for a week". I'm still not altogether clear on whatever happened in the last week or so, but if all is well, then all is good. I hope it is, anyway.  :)

Tomorrow is gonna be a little hectic because while Pearl is at Golden Agers, from 11 to 2, I told my sister Sophie I would come out to take her shopping. But I will just work around it, and try to stop by home before I go, and then I will be home after picking Pearl up, by 2:30 or so. Tomorrow night will be good, too, and Wednesday should be easier. Gotta get that modem replaced asap!

Well, my Darling, I hope you are enjoying the late evening, and I hope everything is good. I will be here til 9:45, and then back as quick as I can tomorrow.

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment