Thursday, May 21, 2015

Another Great One! :) (My Friend Jon)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I am getting ready to go for my walk, but I just wanted to check in and say hi before doing so. I love your new profile picture! I'll tell ya, you have gotta be one of the best self-portraitists around. I don't know how you do it, but you get great pictures and poses every time, and each one unique, too. Really great stuff, Elizabeth. Plus, you are expert with makeup. A successful future is hereby predicted! Not just for the selfies, but for all your work and cumulative talents. :)

Well, I'd better don a sweatshirt cause it's freezing outside, during what seems like Winter here in Los Angeles. These clouds have been parked here for what feels like eternity. Please, Mr. Weatherman, bring us some Sun and heat.........

Here I go anyway! Back in a bit, and then usual schedule all night.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Midnight : Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby. I dunno if you are around tonight, but if you are, then maybe you saw the video post I shared about my friend Jon? He's the runner I've mentioned in the past, but I've also known him from the days of College Records, back when there were record stores. I've known Jon since 1973, so that's 42 years now, and among other bands, he was the guy who introduced me to Rush. The first time I ever heard their music, in Summer 1976, was at his apartment. If you've seen my photos of Steven Tyler (in my "photos from the past" album on FB), those were taken at a 1982 interview at the Beverly Hills Hotel that Jon invited me to, knowing I was a photographer. He is also a rock journalist. I even had lunch once with Ozzy Osbourne, courtesy of Jon, who invited me on that interview as well, in 1983.

Jon has had a big influence on my life, and he's also the inspiration behind my daily 5 mile walk. I used to be overweight (coming off substance abuse), and in 1999 I decided to do something about it. I thought of Jon and I thought, "well, I can't run 10 or 15 miles every day like he does, but I bet I can do 5". Originally, I used to run five miles, and I did that until 2004. But not everybody is Jon Sutherland, and my knees were hurting, so my run became a walk.

But like Jon, I still do it everyday! :)

So now you know how that started, haha.

When I think of Jon, I think of running, for sure, but I also, and equally, think of rock n' roll. Jon has introduced me to so much music, all starting when I was just a kid, just 13 years old.

He was already four years into his consecutive days running streak at that time, and he's still going, 42 more years later.

That blows my mind, because it seems like just a few years, and it also seems like 42.

The elasticity of time, as we've talked about.

But mostly, Jon has been a huge inspiration to me for the main thing I talk about, living life on your own terms. And never ever giving up on your dreams.

In the news video I posted, Jon says, "Running is not something I do - it's what I am".

That's the whole deal in a nutshell, to be What You Are. I am glad to have known Jon all these years, and to have had other influences like him.

Because there's literally no substitute for being Who You Are. Nothing else is really You.

And what I've discovered, thanks in part to Jon and others, is that, to succeed in Being Yourself, all you've gotta do is keep doing it.

That's why I tell you that all the time, lol. :)

It's what Jon does; he's a runner, so he runs every single day. He "be's himself".

That's all there is to it, to living life, and that's all I know for tonight.

I Love You, Elizabeth! Everything is going great.

Sweet Dreams.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment