Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Love + Choir (sweet dreams)

Good Afternoon, my Darling,

I am home from choir and just relaxing for a bit before I go for part of my walk. We sang really well today, which is always a nice feeling. Unfortunately, we got some difficult news as well. Our choir director wasn't there, the reason being that she had felt some pain in her arm during the week, and when she went to see the doctor, a lump was found. She has been diagnosed with breast cancer. We are all praying for her and hoping they caught it early so she can make a full recovery. She is a really nice lady who has been with the church since 1977, on top of which she is a professor at USC's Colburn School Of Music. She really knows her stuff, and for me - well, she's the one who got me singing (even though I protested at first), and singing has turned out to be one of my most favorite things to do. She may not be back with us for a while - weeks or months according to someone close to the situation. But we are all hoping she will come back healthy, which is the only important thing.

So that was today. We are learning new songs, though, and in a week or two we will sing "(Let There Be) Peace In The Valley", which has all kinds of rise-and-fall harmonies and sharps and flats; it's a toughie, and I will be listening to the legendary Elvis Presley version for inspiration.

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday. I will go for part of my walk in a few minutes, then leave a little early to stop at the store before going back to Pearl's.

See you in a bit - usual schedule for me!

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight : Happy Late Night, my Baby. I'm just checking in to wish you Sweet Dreams. Not a whole lot else to report. My friend Dave F. came over with his daughter and we had a nice walk down to the Orange Grove, to the Duck Pond and back. CSUN was having a graduation ceremony in front of the Oviatt, and the bleachers were packed with people......

It's already staying light outside until almost 8:30, and by mid June it will be so until almost 9. I bet it stays light until almost 10pm up north where you are. The sun finally came out today, after a couple weeks of overcast and cold, so cold that we had snow in the mountains! - in mid May, unheard of. It's still not very warm - low 70s - but maybe Summer is on the way.

I hope you had a great day and I will see you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment