Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Late Night Love

Hi, my Darling,

Happy Late Night. Sorry I didn't post earlier but I had nothing to report, it was just a typical Tuesday. I am thinking that you were probably busy too, maybe preparing for your upcoming shoot. I will try and go on a hike either tomorrow or, more likely, Thursday. Pearl has a major Women's Club meeting that morning which will cancel out her hair appointment and last until 2pm, so that's good for a hiking trip. Today, all I did was read and watch a movie. I am on a big Western kick right now, and I am finding a lot of old classics in the library system. They now will send dvds from other libraries in the L.A. libe system (The Los Angeles Public Library is made up of 62 libraries total), so now I can search a director's name, or an actor's, or film titles, and I am finding a ton of movies at other libes that I haven't seen before. When my Mom was alive, we used to watch a lot of movies, and when I exhausted all the watchable titles at local libraries, I would drive to other libes that were several miles away. And over the years we watched a lot of titles from those libraries, too. The LAPL system is as good as Netflix if not better. And now, finally, they will send dvds from far-off branches, ones in Hollywood and Downtown and other neighborhoods that are too far to drive to. So now I have a new supply.

Yeah, I know I'm a bit ridiculous when it comes to movies, but.........movies rule!

Good ones, anyway. :)

So today I watched a Western called "Jubal" with Glenn Ford and Ernest Borgnine, and it was classic in every respect, including gorgeous Technicolor Cinemascope photography, shot in Wyoming. I've probably mentioned a while back, but when I worked at Metrocolor, I used to run the 70mm developing machine, and we would process a lot of wide screen flicks, of the type that aren't made anymore.

Well, I will post now, and wish you Sweet Dreams. Sleep well and I will see you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment