Sunday, May 10, 2015

Huntington Today

Hi Elizabeth,

Just checking in to say hi, super late I know, but maybe you are still awake. We went to The Huntington today and had a nice time. I posted a couple pics on FB. My new favorite thing there is the Japanese House, because like I said in my caption, it makes me feel like I'm in an Ozu movie. We saw all the same gardens and exhibits as last time, but this time we had lunch in the Tea Room, which is a favorite of Huntington patrons. You would love the place; there is so much to see. This time also, we went into the main library with it's famous collection of letters and books, and we saw a Gutenberg Bible, one of only 11 remaining in the world.

A fun day, all in all, and I hope you had a great day too. We got back to the Valley at about 4:30, then I came home and I've just been hanging around ever since. I took a nap cause I was tired after all that walking. The Huntington is huge. Then this evening, I watched a classic : "The Adventures Of Robin Hood" with Errol Flynn, Basil Rathbone and Olivia deHavilland. There have been many Robin Hood movies over the years, but the original is still the best, just so great in every aspect.

I am home tonight, but tomorrow morn I will be at church as usual, and then right back at work. In June, as I said, I will have two separate five day breaks, so that will be nice, and then we will be into Summer. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We've still got most of May to enjoy, and I think this is a great time of year.

I Love You and will see you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

P.S. Have a Happy Mother's Day with your Mom tomorrow!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment