Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Late Night Love & Films

Hi, my Darling,

It's another late night check-in by me, just cause I had nothing to report and I figured you were busy. I did see your post a few minutes ago, for the UW film showcase. I am glad you are keeping a hand in the department at the University, and attending events. Would you like to make films as well as music videos? I mean, I know you've already made your Prairie Burns documentary and your other personal short videos combined with your music, but would you like to make traditional films as well, like say a short dramatic (or purely cinematic) piece?

It might be fun to just think of ideas for a script, even if you have no immediate plans in that direction. Just to get the wheels turning, you know?

It's great to have different ideas percolating all the time, even if you just keep 'em in your head.

I actually did watch a movie today, while Pearl was at Golden Agers. I am on a Western kick (as previously reported) and I found a great one from 1958 called "Ride The High Country" by Sam Peckinpaugh, who also made "The Wild Bunch", a film that I don't think is all that great, despite it's reputation. But today's film was excellent, and featured some spectacular photography of the California landscape in Inyo County, out near Death Valley.

One thing I recommend, and it's something I wish I had started as early as possible, is just to write stuff down all the time. Ideas, notes, thoughts, anything. I mean, look at me now, haha. I write pretty much every day, and even when it's just "my daily routine" I'm reporting, or even if it's a bunch of jibberish, the main thing is that it's written down. And you never know when an idea is gonna pop out of your writing.

Also, very important to remember that your Writing Voice is different than your Speaking Voice. Much, much different in fact. Writing voice comes from pure thought, from silence, and so you never know what thought will pop up.

Anyway, I think it's great that you are keeping a hand in things. It's clear that your peers and fellow cineastes think highly of you. But yeah, keep ideas percolating and write things down. Be your own client as well as seeking out clients.

Just a few thoughts for tonight. I am always looking for your posts, and I hope I'm not missing any.

That's all I know for tonight.

I Love You and wish you Sweet Dreams.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment