Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Happy Late Night :):)

Hi Elizabeth,

Happy Late Night, though a few minutes earlier than usual. I really had nothing to report earlier, which is why I didn't post. It was just an average Tuesday, and kinda chilly here, so I didn't go for my hike. I am still getting the hang of this new mode of communication, and the only post I could find by you was the PRS guitar picture. That is indeed one sweet looking guitar! I hope you're still playing yours. Anyway, I figure you are still working hard on the video, so keep at it until it's done. :)

I am actually playing pretty well myself, considering I've had to adjust with my bent finger. I'm glad I was taught to use my pinkie right off the bat. It's really come in handy since the demise of my ring finger. But, I can even use that finger somewhat, just not for most chords. Now I have taken to playing parts of chords, like fourths and fifths, etc., which is what most rock guitarists do anyway. Not many play full barre chords all the way through every song because there are too many overtones and too much dissonance. Same with chords like an open G. It sounds great on an acoustic, but through a Marshall the open strings ring too much. Hence, chord voicings are big for loud rock guitar. And they work good on acoustic, too. I just like to play, and when I am home, sometimes I will play while I am watching a movie, just for fun. That's what I did tonight. I watched another one of my movies I got at the library, this time it was "Last Train From Gun Hill". I've been Googling "classic Westerns" because I am a Western fanatic, and when that title came up, I knew I had to find it. That's a Western title if there ever was one, and luckily the Libe had a copy. It starred Kirk Douglas and Anthony Quinn, and it was top notch.

So, that was my evening. Now all is quiet at Pearl's, which is a Good Thing. I hope your day was good. I will be up for a little while, but I will send sweet dreams for now. If I can think of anything else, I'll add it.........

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment