Sunday, May 31, 2015

Late Night Love & Bands & Concerts

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope you had a nice Saturday. I saw your Ultrea post a little while ago, and so maybe you went to see them in Illinois? Just guessing. I Googled Barrington Hills, and it says it's 40 miles northwest of Chicago, so perhaps you made a road trip. But even if not, I hope you had a nice night.

You know, there are several up and coming bands with female lead singers now. In the L.A.club scene, bands like Dead Sara are playing all the time. There are others, too (names escape me at the moment), but that configuration - of a hard rock band, with pop elements but a dark side too, with a female lead singer - is growing in popularity. I see Ultrea is doing a tour of the Midwest. And they have their EP coming out. If they can get some radio play in the area, that could be an excellent development for you. Just a thought, but an important one....  :)

Once June comes up, I have a few concerts to go to myself : possibly to see Todd Rundgren next week at the Roxy. Todd is one of my very favorite artists, all-time Top Ten for me, but I haven't seen him live since 1990! His output for the last 25 years has been uneven, but he was so incredible in the 1970s as to cement his incredibleness forever, haha. Also coming up is Agalloch on June 9th. Already got my ticket for that one. Grim is coming with me. It will be my third Agalloch show since 2012. I am always up front and center for when John brings out the tree stumps and lights the incense, so hopefully I will make it up there this time, too. Lastly, I've got Steven Wilson on June 13. I've seen him twice before, also since 2012, and twice with Porcupine Tree as well. He always puts on an amazing show, so I am super looking forward to that one.

It's been quiet on the concert front for a while, but it's about to pick up now that Summer is here.

Well, that's all for tonight. Tomorrow is church and choir. Hopefully we will get some good news about our director. Can't wait to sing in the morning.

I Love You and send you Sweet Dreams, and I will see you in the morning as well.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment