Sunday, May 31, 2015

Happy Sunday Love (late night love & movies)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I am home from Pearl's. When I got there, I saw your Sweet Baby post and I loved, loved, loved it! It made my day, in fact. I hope your day was good and that you are enjoying your evening. We had a good morning in church and choir, and we got some good news about our director, who had successful surgery. She still has to undergo a lot of treatment, so her ordeal isn't over, but they think they caught her cancer early, so that's a blessing.

We sang real well, too, and I always have fun practicing afterwards as well.

Now, I am gonna meet my friend Dave F. for a walk. I will be back later on at Pearl's, but I wanted to check in and tell you I Love You.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(see you in a bit)

Midnight : It's Sweet Dreams time, so I'm just checking in to send them to you, my Darling. I am tired tonight, did an extra mile on the walk. My friend Dave brought his daughter along and we went down to the duck pond at the Orange Grove. It's finally Summer weather, upper 80s today and no more overcast. Yay!

I forgot to mention today's movie. I am temporarily out of Westerns, but I watched a great Film Noir called "The Street With No Name" from 1948, starring a guy named Mark Stevens, who had a pretty long career and was also in the classic "insane asylum" flick "The Snake Pit". When I was a kid, that's what they called 'em - "Insane Asylums", an unfortunate term for a mental institution that also scared the heck out of little kids like me, haha. Anyway, "The Snake Pit" is a classic, and today's movie was pretty good too, the story of an FBI agent working undercover to infiltrate a criminal gang headed by Richard Widmark, who is in sinister mode in this one. Widmark is one of my favorite actors from that era, and he was in a lot of classic Film Noirs himself, often as a psychotic criminal, his specialty.

I love Film Noir, and my all-time favorite in the genre is "Laura" starring Gene Tierney. But there's a bunch of good ones, and the Film Noir genre is always worth checking out for classic, shadowy black and white photography.

See you in the morning, Sweet Baby! I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment