Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Awesome!

Good Morning, my Darling,

That is a great picture of you, and now I know your location also. Wow, so you are in Germany! I Googled Marburg and in the Wiki for it, it says that it's a University town, so maybe it's part of your itinerary for UW. I hope you are having a blast there. Germany is high on my list of places to see, and if my Dad were still alive, he could talk to you all day about it. He was there during the war and fell in love with the place. One other thing from the Wiki on Marburg; they had a St. Elizabeth! So that is perfect. :) I am looking forward to more news and more pictures from your travels. This is an exciting time.

Well, I had to do it. I went back to that creepy old abandoned refinery today. Had to get the pictures I missed out on yesterday. I also hiked part of the Elsmere Open Space, down a creek bed for 3/4 of a mile. On the refinery property, I was looking for a historical passageway through the mountains, called Beale's Cut. It was carved by the U.S. Army in the 1870s, as the first route between the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys. I wasn't able to get close cause it's on private property now, but just being in close proximity was awesome. I'm done with Newhall Refinery for the time being, but it sure was an interesting experience.

I'm running out of trails in the area, at least ones I can drive to in 30 minutes or less. Gotta find more!

That's all I know for the moment, Beautiful Lady. Tomorrow will be a TCB kind of day, and then tomorrow night we will start our new semester of the Cinematheque at CSUN, with the films of Powell & Pressburger.

Have a great start to your day, and have a blast in Germany, and I will see you tomorrow.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment