Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Middleton? (I Love You)

Hey, Awesome Lady! Good afternoon or evening, not sure which. Are you by any chance still in Middleton? I ask only because your last couple of posts have "Middleton" in the text, and also you haven't actually posted anything saying, in essence, "I'm in Italy".

So, just wondering. Maybe I got the departure day wrong. I thought it was supposed to be last weekend. Anyway, if you are in Italy it's just about Midnight, so you may still be up. And if you're home, it's just dinner time.

I Love You in Italy and in Middleton!

After I dropped Pearl off at Golden Agers, I went for a Trail Tuesday trip to a place called Elsmere Canyon. It's in Santa Clarita, and close to Whitney Canyon where I hiked last Thursday. Well, sorry to say it was a bit of a bust. Elsmere was once supposed to become a landfill, which is a nice word for a garbage dump. Local residents prevented that from happening, which is good, but the place still has that type of look to it - old tires strewn around, junk here and there. Also, it's not a trail but an old road, and that road runs close to a freeway, so there's a lot of noise. It was weird, there were a lot of large pieces of cardboard set up against trees, cut in the shapes of castle turrets and painted to look like same. I guess maybe the place is used by LARPERS (live action role players). I've run into some animals on my trails, but no LARPERS yet, lol.

Anyhow, that's all for now. I'll have to find some excellent trails the rest of the week to make up for today, and you know I will. :)

I Love You! I will write more this evening.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:35pm : Good Evening, my Darling. You are either just waking up, or have maybe just fallen asleep (if still in Middleton). I hope your day was good either way, in either place! I did some Googling on that place I visited today, Elsmere Canyon, and one part I saw that I neglected to mention was an old abandoned facility of some sort. It was on the same section of road where I saw the LARPer props. Just off this road was a torn-down shell of what looked like a warehouse, and also a small building that looked as if it might have been a control room or central station of some kind. I knew there had been oil drilling in this area, but this place turns out to have been an actual refinery. Now I wish I would have taken some pictures, doggonit.

Here is a link with a few pics, to show you.


http://www.elsmerecanyon.com/tunnelarea/refinery/refinery.htm

I went through a freeway underpass there, called the Los Pinetos Undercrossing (just found that out by Googling), that was downright creepy. It was dark under there - at noon - and the ground was soft sand, and you could see what looked like animal tracks.

I think that's why I didn't take very many pictures, though I did take about five. I think the place kind of gave me the willies a little bit. But I will go back, at some point, and get some pics. Tomorrow I will see if I can find a new place, or if not I will revisit one of my favorites.

Wherever you are, I Love You and can't wait to hear the news!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment