Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Beautiful (reading) (music)

Hi, my Darling,

Yeah, I have to say, that video is really beautiful, both visually and musically. Really nice work. I think I recognise the location (if it is a single location), because it looks like the same place where you took the picture of Stephane's sister, where she is sitiing down by the side of the trail, looking away from the camera. Is that the right place? Well, the images and music work very well together. Is the music part of a longer piece? If so, I'd love to hear it, and if not - then you've gotta work it into a longer piece because it's just a wonderful melody. You say you shot this video in June, so I guess you just now, or recently, got it all put together for posting. It's excellent work, Elizabeth. I am glad to see it.

You know, we have a tree at CSUN that's similar to the one in your video that's making the "snow". I don't know what kind of tree it is, but it blooms these big white puffs of what looks like cotton, and when the wind blows, they break up into smaller puffs, very similar to the one in your video.

I just got back from Simi. While Pearl was at Golden Agers I made a quick trip back to the Yosemite Street site of the Chumash Caves. When I was there the last time, I saw another large rock formation while I was leaving and I made a mental note to return and check it out. Today I did, and I found one more small cave. I also stopped at Lilac Lane on the way back, and went out about 1/4 mile on that trail. It's almost all cliffside, so I will go back when I have a proper pair of hiking boots. So it was a Trail Tuesday, but more of an exploratory one than one with major hiking. I'm gonna look at my pics and see if I have anything interesting to post. Then it'll be time to head back to Pearl's.

I love your video and your music! And I Love You too!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

10:05: Good Evening, Sweet Baby. I just finished my walk. Been home all evening reading three different books - "Mr. Mercedes" (which like all SK, ain't for the squeamish), a book about LBJ and the Kennedy assassination, and an online book by Peter Robbins (who co-authored the tremendous "Left At East Gate") about the Rendlesham Forest Incident. Interesting stuff all the way around. I am also battling crickets yet again, and will have to break out the dreaded Raid tomorrow. It will be a good day to do it, because I'll probably be at Pearl's for much of the morning and afternoon if the kitchen guys come back. They did not come today, which was why I had a chance to visit the caves again.

I will guess that all is well on the home front. You have probably just been busy with various projects, and especially your videos. Right now I am gonna eat something real quick and then I'll be back at the usual time.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:35pm : I am listening to piano music by Zoltan Kodaly, a Hungarian composer known for orchestrated works. It's relaxing but with a few bombastic moments. I've gotta say again how much I love the melody that went with the images in your video today. Really top-notch stuff, Dear Lady. I don't know if it's recent or not, but if it is, that means you are still composing - and you should be. I mean, far be it from me to ever use the phrase "you should" (at which the late Mr. Davey famously stopped listening to any given conversation), but in this case, you really should keep writing music.

When you get the chance, of course, because I know how much time it takes.

At any rate, it's beautiful.

I saw earlier your post of your friend's picture. He is playing a flute (or pipe), and dressed in medieval clothing. It reminded me of Blackmore's Night. You may or may not like their music, but you would probably like their overall trip. Not officially pagan, but certainly in that vein. They started out very Rennaisance and have grown more and more nature oriented. Of course, Ritchie Blackmore is my all-time #1 favorite musician, from Deep Purple through Rainbow and up to now, with BN. He's almost 70 but can still bring it on guitar, and has written much great music.

That's all I know for tonight. I Love You and will see you in the morn.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment