Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Rice Canyon (sweet dreams)

Hi, my Darling,

I am home. In what is now a long-running comedy routine, the kitchen guys did not come again today, nor did they even call back to answer phone calls from both myself and Pearl's daughter. I think there must be something wrong at their company, although the cabinet and countertop work they did is very nice. But they have a huge problem with their service and professionalism, and so tomorrow morning Pearl's daughter is gonna call another company to finish the job. The current guys can send a bill for whatever is owed up to the last actual work they did, and then we will be done with them. Hooray! :)

In the late afternoon I went for another nice hike, on a trail called Rice Canyon that is an offshoot of the East Canyon trail I took yesterday. Both trails begin at the same trailhead and then split off. East Canyon was pretty nice, and the end part is a steep ascent to the top of a mountain. So about half of it is more for the workout rather than the scenery. But Rice Canyon is a whole 'nother ballgame. Man, it was ghostly in there, but in the Friendly Ghost way of nature. I was the only one back there (of course) and I went about a mile and a half in. This trail also ascends to the top of the same mountain, but by a different route that climbs more gradually. And boy does it ever have some great shady spots, with lots of Sprites and Shadow Gremlins and all the things I like! :)

It's one of those places where the wind whispers through while a lone bird is hooting in a tree somewhere.

It was a nice way to relieve the stresses of the week, with the kitchen fiasco and stuff. 25 minutes in the car and I'm in the middle of nowhere, all by myself. :)

Naturally, it'd be even better if I could share it with you.  :):)

I hope you had a nice day too, and it won't be long now until you are on your way to Florence!

Tonight is like last night: since I already hiked 3 miles, I only have to do two more, a piece of cake if there ever was one. So, I am gonna hang out until 10 or 10:30, read, do some dishes, etc. and then finish off my mileage later, with a quick walk down to the grove and back. But for now I am here.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:40pm : Just checking in to wish you sweet dreams. It was a good day, all in all. I hope it was for you as well. I Love You, Elizabeth.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment