Thursday, August 21, 2014

Quick Note From Pearl's (I'm Home) (perfect note)

Hi, my Darling,

I am writing from Pearl's once more, to let you know that I have to stay late again this evening. We finally got a plumber who can do the kitchen job. We let the other guys go. Anyway, a tile guy is coming this evening between 6:30 and 7pm (supposedly, lol) to drill the holes for the faucet. Then the plumber will install it tomorrow morning. I think we should have gotten a dentist to do the job, because it's been like pulling teeth, haha.

Anyhow, I imagine I should be home by 8 to 8:30. I Love You! Hope your day has been good. :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

8:45pm : Good Evening, my Angel, I am finally home. It took the guy a solid hour to drill through the granite countertop to create the hole for the faucet. Granite must be hard as a rock! (lol?) But now, the plumber will come tomorrow morning and install the faucet, and the whole thing will finally be done.

While I was at Pearl's, I saw your Taya Iv post. Elizabeth, that is one of the kindest and most beautiful things you've ever posted for me. It was very heart-melting to read, and I want you to know that I feel the exact same way about you, and that is why I have been so excited about taking pictures, and going on my hikes (something totally new for me), and writing about the things I do, and everything else in the past couple of years - because in you, I have found a Kindred Spirit. I remember saying early on that you get it.

And there are very few people who do. In fact. I even wrote that the "It" that you get is indescribable.

Adam : "Elizabeth, you know something? You get it".
Elizabeth : "Thanks".

Now see, if you would have said "Get what? What is it that I 'get' "?, then it would mean that you don't get it. But you do get it, because you automatically understand. And that's what Taya Iv is talking about in that post (which you know without me having to tell you). And my Darling, you Get It. I knew that right away. :)

To comment a little further on what she said, I see the world as a beautiful place because every single day, the world presents itself to me that way. It's as if the world chooses the people who Get It, and it says to them, "Hey, look at this".

And then when the world sees how much you like what it has shown you, it shares some more of it's beauty, and it's wonders, and finally, perhaps it singles some of us out. I don't mean that in an arrogant or conceited way, it's just that many people, or probably most of them, don't notice things in the same way. Most people will appreciate a gorgeous sunset or a lovely day in the park, and in that way, most people do indeed experience the magic of life and the beauty of the world. But only a handful wish to dig deeper, and deeper, and even deeper.

"Show me more"?  
"Yes".
"Thank You, World. Thank You, God".

And finally, when you get to a certain point, you start to notice something. Yes, there is much beauty in the world, but there is something else as well, something you never understood before. You start to notice that life is not exactly what you thought it was, and the world is not exactly what you thought it was.

It's not just a cycle : birth/childhood/education/work/retirement/death, i.e. the act of being a modern human.

Those are just systems that have been created to supposedly make life easier, more structured, etc.

But what you notice as you go along is that there is something indescribable about life and the world that is both enormous and overwhelming, and both of those things in a good way. And while you can't describe it, you can still understand it fully on the inside, in your soul. It just doesn't translate into words And that's what I mean when I say, "Elizabeth - you Get It". You understand what I mean, and for that alone, you have been a Godsend to me. And for many other reasons, too, of course.

So what is it that we Get? Well, I can't describe it, but I like to think of it as a Promise.

A Promise of whatever you want it to be, so long as you are humble in wanting it and grateful in receiving it.

It's a Promise, I think, but it has no ending, because if it ended, then it would be over, and the wonder would be gone. Humans need Wonder, as much as they need Love.

So I think that's it. I think what we "Get" about life and the world, is that there is a Promise for those of us who notice all these things the world has chosen to show us.

It's a Promise that is never fully answered, but is always being fulfilled. The more you seek it, and want it, the more it will promise and fulfill.

That's all I know for the moment. I am gonna relax for a few and then finish up my mileage. I went for another nice hike today, in yet another new canyon, and I will tell you about it at the usual time later on. I Love You, my Darling.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

11:40pm : Listening to Chopin. In between all the waiting around today, I had a chance to drive out to Santa Clarita for the third day in a row, to visit Whitney Canyon which is located just off Sierra Highway. It's a 20 minute drive, as always. These hikes are all in that radius.

Whitney Canyon had some of that same ghostly feel that East Canyon and especially Rice Canyon had. The interesting things about Whitney - a place I only today discovered via Google - is that much of the trail runs along an old creek bed, so you couldn't hike it if we ever had a rain. I went about a mile and a half in, my usual distance, and when I got way back there, it was just this skinny little trail with rocks of all sizes underfoot, and reedy foliage surrounding closely on both sides. I truly felt out in the boonies.

The other thing about Whitney Canyon is that it has oil under the ground, and you can see that in the stained color of some of the rock formations. I think Chevron used to have a drilling facility in the area, but it probably closed up 50 years ago. A great little hike, all in all, but a creek bed hike rather than an ascending hike up a hillside. I saw a deer again, too, so that was pretty cool.

I hope your day was good, too, and now the hour is getting closer. Are you leaving Saturday or Sunday? I know you will post something in that regard, so I will find out then. Pearl and I just saw a Rick Steves show on travelling in Italy, and I thought of you...........

Elizabeth, in the song "Hourglass", there is a note you hit at approximately 0:40 that is just fantastic. Right there is the purity in your voice that I've spoken about in the past, and in that moment it is at it's peak.

Just so you know....  :)

Sweet Dreams, my girl. I Love You and will see you in the morning.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment